Blue Shield Medi-Gap – Supplement Plans
These plans allow you to go to ANY Doctor or Hospital that accepts Medicare
A Medigap policy is private health insurance that helps supplement Original Medicare. This means it helps pay some of the health care costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover (like copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles). These are “gaps” in Medicare coverage.
If you have Original Medicare and a Medigap policy, Medicare will pay its share of the Medicare-approved amounts for covered health care costs. Then your Medigap policy pays its share. A Medigap policy is different from a Medicare Advantage Plan (like an HMO or PPO) because those plans are ways to get Medicare benefits, (click here for a comparison of the differences) while a Medigap policy only supplements the costs of your Original Medicare benefits. Medicare.Gov Guide to Medigap *
Medicare and You 2019 #10050 - Everything you want to know * See their section on closing the donut hole
Introduction by Steve Shorr * Bio
Blue Shield Medi Gap Forms
- Summary of Benefits * Rates 45 Pages 9.2018
- Plans at a glance 12 pages Rev 5.1.2018
- Paper Application – Rev 10.2017
- Be sure to add our name, address, Phone & agent code 8914.
- Easy Pay Form * Member Portal
- Medicare Coverage Options Medi Gap vs Medicare Advantage rev 2013
- Medicare Supplement Plan Transfer Application – be sure to put in our name as agent and email to usAppoint us as your Broker - No Extra Charge
- Email [email protected] or call us 310.519.1335