|Medicare Supplement plan rates will change effective April 1, 2018 (see below for details). Medicare Supplement plan subscribers who are impacted by this change will be notified this month. There will be six subsequent monthly mailings notifying members as they come off rate guarantee.
Please note that quarterly billed members will see the new April rates on their January bill.
While we strive to keep costs as low as possible, sometimes we need to make changes to our plan rates to meet the challenge of increasing healthcare costs. Many factors contribute to this increase, including hospital upgrades, new technologies, higher costs for physician services, and higher inpatient and outpatient costs. Please click here to view a representative sample of the letters being sent. The language in letters is variable, based on the subscriber and the plan.
- Plan F will receive an average rate increase of 4.8%.
- Plans A and D will receive an average rate increase of 4.1%.
- Plans C and K will receive an average rate increase of 4.9%.
- Plan N will receive an average rate increase of 6.1%.
- High Deductible Plan F and Plan G will not receive a rate increase.
Closed 1990 Standardized plans:
- Plans A, B, C, D, F, G and K will receive an average rate increase of 8.6%.
- Plan J will not receive a rate increase.
- Plans H and I with or without Rx coverage are not part of the Closed 1990 Standardized plans as of 5/31/10 and will not be impacted by this rate increase.
Note: Region 1 (LA County) and Region 2 (Orange County) will receive an average 0.2% rate increase.
California Customer Service department. (800) 248-2341 or TTY: 711, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.