Blue Shield Medi-Gap – Supplement Plans
These plans allow you to go to ANY Doctor or Hospital that accepts Medicare
A Medigap policy is private health insurance that helps supplement Original Medicare. This means it helps pay some of the health care costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover (like copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles). These are “gaps” in Medicare coverage.
If you have Original Medicare and a Medigap policy, Medicare will pay its share of the Medicare-approved amounts for covered health care costs. Then your Medigap policy pays its share. A Medigap policy is different from a Medicare Advantage Plans – Part C (like an HMO or PPO) because those plans are ways to get Medicare benefits, (here’s a comparison of the differences) while a Medigap policy only supplements the costs of your Original Medicare benefits. Medicare.Gov Guide to Medigap *
Summary of Benefits & Provisions
Plan A, F Extra, G, G Extra & N
Explanation of what Medicare Pays and Medi Gap pays on top
No extra charge for us to assist you!
Already enrolled? Appoint us as your broker. No extra charge
Broker Summary... Household Savings Program - husband wife discount, Easy Pay
Blue Shield Authorized Agent
No extra charge to you -
Learn more and enroll online
Paper Application MAPD Medicare Advantage
* Short Form - Transfers 65 Inspire, Plus, Choice & Trio
Click here to set a phone, skype or face to face complementary consultation
Steve @ Blue Shield Headquarters
Video Introduction to Medi Gap
Blue Shield Plan G & Extra
Medicare Medi Gap Supplement
The following savings programs are available with Plan G & Extra:
- Household Savings Program
- Welcome to Medicare Rate Savings
- Dental and Dental & Vision Plan savings
- Easy$PaySM online payment program
- Medicare Supplement Plan Transfer Application – be sure to put in our name as agent and email to us
- FAQs / Ask Us a Question
Plan G EXTRA
Blue Shield’s newest Medicare Supplement plan has all the benefits offered by regular Plan G
PLUS these Benefits
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) items benefits: including coverage for eligible OTC health and wellness products such as cold and allergy medicines, first-aid supplies, pain relievers, and more
- Physician consultation benefits: available by phone or video via computer or mobile app
- Hearing aid benefits: including an annual hearing test and savings on Vista brand mid-level and premium-level hearing aids
- Vision benefits: including coverage for the cost of eye exams, frames, eyeglass or contact lenses that are not traditionally covered by Original Medicare
See the summary of benefits in the module on below your right for more details.
April 2020 Changes
Summary of changes on Blue Shield Site
Rate schedule effective 4/1/2020
Rate schedule effective 1/1/2020
Rate schedule effective 10/1/19
Rate schedule ending 9/30/2019
2010 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 9/30/2019)
1990 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 5/31/2010)
1990 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 12/31/2005)
Evidence of Coverage
(Email us if the links require a password)
Evidences of Coverage for Open Plans
Get complete descriptions of our open Medicare Supplement plans.
Evidences of Coverage for 2010 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 9/30/2019)
Get complete descriptions of our closed Medicare Supplement plans effective 10/1/2019.
Evidences of Coverage for Standardized and Pre-Standardized Closed Plans (closed prior to 5/31/2010)
Get complete descriptions of our closed Medicare Supplement plans.
Plan A (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan B (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan C (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan D (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan F (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan G (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan J (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan K (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan H Standard (PDF)
Plan H Plus Rx (PDF)
Plan I Standard (PDF)
Plan I Plus Rx (PDF)
Coronet Major Medicare (PDF)
Coronet Senior Standard (PDF)
Coronet Senior Plus Rx (PDF)
Golden Coronet Senior Standard (PDF)
Golden Coronet Senior Plus Rx (PDF)
Preferred Senior (PDF)
Closed plan rate sheets
2010 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 5/31/2010) (PDF)
1990 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 5/31/2010) (PDF)
1990 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 12/31/2005) (PDF)
Resources & Links
Member Services 800.766.4466
- Medicare Provider Finder (Any MD that takes Medicare works on this plan)
- Blue Shield guaranteed.acceptance.guide.
- Silver Sneakers.com
- Blue Shield CA .com – Explanation
- Blue Shield Financial Strength
- Medicare Supplement Plan Transfer Application – be sure to put in our name as agent and email [email protected] to us
Blue Shield Medi Gap Forms
Email [email protected] or call us 310.519.1335
This is just a summary of the most common ways you can get a Medi Gap plan without having to answer health questions.
- Enrolled in Medicare and are age 65 or older; or New to Medicare, are age 64 or younger, and do not have end-stage renal disease
- You enrolled with A Medicare Advantage Plan and the plan is being terminated;
- terminated from any employer-sponsored health plan,
- moved outside the plan’s service area.
- disenrolled from the plan or program within twelve (12) months of the effective date of that enrollment.
- You terminated enrollment in a Medicare Supplement plan and subsequently enrolled, for the first time, in any of the following:
• A Medicare Advantage Plan;
- MAPD Trial Privileges #02110 Medi-Gap Guide
- The company substantially violated a material provision of the contract; or
- The company or its agent materially misrepresented a provision of the plan in marketing the contract to you.
- You enrolled in a Blue Shield Medicare Advantage Plan, and Blue Shield either:
Reduced any of its benefits;
Increased the amount of cost-sharing or premium;
- You are no longer eligible for Medi-Cal benefits.
- Birthday Rule
Get more detail at:
Scroll down for our cut & paste of the ACTUAL CA Law
Medicare and You 2020 #10050
Everything you want to know - Read Along
Child & Related Pages - Site Map
If you are low income you might check out LIS - Low Income Subsidy - Extra Help to pay the Rx costs that are not covered. LIS may also pay your Part D and Part B premiums and you might also qualify for Medi-Cal.