Medicare Advantage Plans MAPD
are also know as Medicare Part C. MAPD plans generally include low co-pay, deductibles, an HMO type list of doctors and hospitals. and often include Dental and Part D – Rx Prescriptions with low or no premiums. The main enrollment requirement is that you must have both Part A Hospital and Part B Doctor Visits which runs about $134/month.
How is zero or low premium coverage possible?
Here’s an Explanation from Ehealth * Insure Me Kevin.com It’s not free, Medicare pays the Plan – Insurance Company about $850/month to care for you, which includes paying us as your agent to help you at no charge.
See the menu above to get more details on the plans we offer, service and represent in California. If you are out of state click here for free quotes and a referral to an agent that can help you.
Please email us or call us 310.519.1335 to discuss your options.
When to Apply?
It’s best to apply when you turn 65 or a few months before or after for the Medi Gap – supplement plans or Medicare Advantage Plans, as that’s the main “Open Enrollment” period where coverage is guaranteed issue for any plan.
If you didn’t enroll in Medicare Advantage when you turned 65, you can do that or change plans at the Annual Coordinated Election Period (AEP) which runs from October 15 through December 7 each year. You can also change prescription drug plans, return to Original Medicare (or must you wait for the disenrollment period?) and look into Medi Gap plans (PPO Any Medicare Provider). There is a guaranteed right to enroll in Medi-Gap after a one year trial period in MAPD. Your new plan, renewal and enrollment changes are effective on January 1.
There is a navigational menu above and below for the Companies, we represent with their brochures, provider lists, etc. that pay us to help you enroll in their plans at NO additional cost to you.
Resources & Links
|Introduction to Medicare Advantage||MD Perspective of why Medicare Advantage is great. FREE Case Management – they coordinate and make sure you get your Meds, MD Appointments, etc.|
Medicare Made Clear 64 pages from UHC
What is a Medicare Advantage Health Plan Publication 11474
History & Details of Medicare Advantage Part C since 1997 CMS.Gov
My Advocate Helps This website helps you Save money, engage with your community, and improve your health.
What % of those on Medicare, pick a Medicare Advantage Plan? Which companies have what % of the market?
Some thoughts are that Medicare Advantage plans might leave sicker patients in a worse position CA Healthline 7.6.2017
Related and Child Pages Navigational Menu in our
Medicare Advantage Section
- AARP – Secure Horizons
- Anthem MediBlue Plus
- Blue Cross PPO Orange County
- Blue Shield 65 Plus HMO 2018
- Enrollment Dates for MAPD – Medicare Advantage
- 49 States Enrollment & Comparison
- Broker ONLY Enrollment Dates
- Residency – CA, USA – Which State?
- Special Enrollment – MD no longer participating?
- Under 65 disabled & Medicare Qualified
- Wildfire – Extends Medicare SEP Enrollment to 12.31.2017
- MAPD Marketing Rules
- Plans we don’t represent – Get Quotes, anyway
- Cost Plans
- LACERA – Maximize Medicare Benefits & Supplements
- Medicare Private Fee for Service – PFFS
- Medicare Savings Accounts – MSA
- Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plan
- Veteran’s Benefits
- Special Needs Plans – SNP
- End Stage Renal – Kidney Failure
- Lipitor & Crestor causing renal kidney failure?
- Medicare eligibility? ESRD End Stage Renal Disease – Kidney Failure
- under 65 End Stage Renal can I buy an policy – ObamaCare, Covered CA, Health Care.gov – direct from Insurance Company?
- Mental Health SNP Special Needs Plan