Plan Highlights – 1 or 2 pages
vs 20 in the Summary of Benefits or 150 in Evidence of Coverage
Resources & Links
Member Services 800.766.4466 [TTY 711]. Available 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week, from October 1 through February 14. However, after February 14, calls are handled by an automated phone system on weekends and holidays.
More on financials & Mission Statement on our Individual Site
Blue Shield of California is an HMO and PDP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Blue Shield of California depends on contract renewal.
Blue Shield 65 PlusSM (HMO),
Blue Shield 65 PlusSM Choice Plan (HMO) and
Blue Shield Trio Medicare (HMO)
are Medicare HMOs with a Medicare Advantage-Prescription Drug Plan contract. These plans cover the same basic benefits as Original Medicare plus Part D prescription drug coverage.
Our plans include*:
1. $0 monthly plan premium, depending on the plan and geographic area.
2. $0 copay for annual wellness visits
3. $0 copay for primary care physician and specialist office visits, depending on the plan
4. $0 copay for preferred generic drugs when purchased at Albertsons/Osco/Savon, Costco, CVS Pharmacy including CVS Pharmacy at Target), and Safeway, Vons, Walmart, Ralphs and many more pharmacies, and by mail service
5. $0 copay for SilverSneakers® fitness depending on the plan
6. Additional vision and hearing coverage
7. Optional supplement dental coverage with one of the state’s largest dentist networks
8. Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) and Hearing Aid benefits are available in Blue Shield 65 Plus Choice Plan offered in San Bernardino and Riverside counties and Blue Shield 65 Plus in Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego counties.
Blue Shield Authorized Agent - No extra charge to you - Click to learn more and enroll online
Summary of Benefits
for Blue Shield Medicare Advantage Plans
Scope of Appointment – English
- 2018, 2019 Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO) Los Angeles & Orange County
- 2018, 2019 Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO) San Bernardino County
- 2018, 2019 Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO) Riverside County
- 2018, 2019 Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO) San Diego County
- 2018, 2019 Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO) Ventura County
- 2019 Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO) San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties
- 2018, 2019 Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO) Fresno County
- 2019 Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO) Kern County (PDF, 127.6KB)
- 2018, 2019 Blue Shield 65 Plus Choice Plan (HMO)Los Angeles & Orange County
- 2019 Blue Shield 65 Plus Choice Plan (HMO) San Bernardino & Riverside
Blue Shield has a program that helps members with certain chronic conditions better manage their drug therapy. Learn more about the program
Learn about exceptions if you find our plan does not cover your medication and how you can ask us to make an exception to our coverage rules. Learn more about coverage determinations
Medicare can help people with limited incomes pay for their prescription drug costs. Find out how to get additional help
2019 Paper pdf Enrollment form
Medicare and You 2019 #10050 - Everything you want to know * See their section on closing the donut hole
Learn More – Blue Shield Medicare Advantage Plans – ONLINE Enrollment
Click to learn more and enroll online
Blue Shield Medicare Advantage
HMO ONLINE Enrollment Form
Online is better. If you use paper, be sure to email back to us for processing and appointment as your broker, no extra charge.
2019 Medicare Plan Ratings Information for MAPD-English and Spanish