Jump to the Main Article
Set a phone, Skype or Face to Face Meeting to review your quotes, needs & wants.
We can now set you up with a Medicare Advantage plan –
CareMore — Get more details and Enroll ONLINE
(Part of the Anthem Blue Cross Family) in Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino and other areas.
Email us [email protected]
I have ESRD. Am I eligible for Medicare?
You can get Medicare no matter how old you are if your kidneys no longer work, you need regular dialysis or have had a kidney transplant, and one of these applies to you:
- You’ve worked the required amount of time under Social Security, the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), or as a government employee.
- You’re already getting or are eligible for Social Security or Railroad Retirement benefits.
- You’re the spouse or dependent child of a person who meets either of the requirements listed above.
Contact Social Security for more information about the amount of time required to be eligible for Medicare. (CMS)
If you get benefits from the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), contact the Railroad Retirement Board.
Can one buy a Medi-Gap policy if they have Medicare A & B and have ESRD?
If you have a Medi Gap plan before you are diagnosed with ESRD, you can keep it. There is also a guaranteed issue opportunity when you turn 65, Medicare Publication Kidney Dialysis & Transplant Services # 10128. page 42. If you are not in a guaranteed issue period, here’s the underwriting questions, so forget it.
Resources & Links
ESRD Info on Medicare Website
Medicare Publication #10128 End Stage Renal – 60 Pages – More than you ever wanted to know
Medicare Info for Children with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) From CMS.Gov
- ESRD – General Information
- Clinical Performance Measures (CPM) Project
- End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Improvement Initiative
- ESRD Network Organizations
- What causes kidney failure?
- Treatment of kidney failure
- New to dialysis
- Adjusting to kidney failure
- Complications of kidney failure
- Disaster preparedness
- Kidney failure/ESRD diet
Medi-Gap (Supplements) ♦
Pre-X for International Travel Plans ♦
Medicare Outside of USA Insbuy
Related Pages in End Stage Renal Section
Medicare and You 2020 #10050
Everything you want to know
Different Parts of Medicare
Understanding your Medicare Choices
Medi Gap vs Medicare Advantage
Medicare covers the substantial costs associated with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) for the vast majority of kidney patients. How will this coverage change under the newly implemented Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare?