I have ESRD. Am I eligible for Medicare?
You can get Medicare no matter how old you are if your kidneys no longer work, you need regular dialysis or have had a kidney transplant, and one of these applies to you:
- You’ve worked the required amount of time under Social Security, the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), or as a government employee.
- You’re already getting or are eligible for Social Security or Railroad Retirement benefits.
- You’re the spouse or dependent child of a person who meets either of the requirements listed above.
Contact Social Security for more information about the amount of time required to be eligible for Medicare. (CMS)
If you get benefits from the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), contact the Railroad Retirement Board.
Related Pages in End Stage Renal Section
- Caremore Medicare Advantage – Special Needs Plan for ESRD Kidney Failure –
- Medi Gap – Can I get Medi Gap if I have ESRD?
- Can you get Medicare if you have ESRD End Stage Renal Disease – Kidney Failure
- Lipitor & Crestor causing renal kidney failure?
- under 65 End Stage Renal can I buy an policy – ObamaCare, Covered CA, Health Care.gov – direct from Insurance Company?