I have ESRD. Am I eligible for Medicare?
You can get Medicare no matter how old you are if your kidneys no longer work, you need regular dialysis or have had a kidney transplant, and one of these applies to you:
- You’ve worked the required amount of time under Social Security, the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), or as a government employee.
- You’re already getting or are eligible for Social Security or Railroad Retirement benefits.
- You’re the spouse or dependent child of a person who meets either of the requirements listed above.
Contact Social Security for more information about the amount of time required to be eligible for Medicare. (CMS)
If you get benefits from the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), contact the Railroad Retirement Board.
Related Pages in End Stage Renal Section
- Can you get a Medicare Advantage Plan if you have end stage renal – kidney disease?
- Can you get Medicare if you have ESRD End Stage Renal Disease – Kidney Failure
- End Stage Renal can I buy an under 65 policy – ObamaCare, Covered CA, Health Care.gov – direct from Insurance Company?
- End State Renal – Can I get a policy from Covered CA or Health Care.Gov?
- Lipitor & Crestor causing renal kidney failure?