If I have end stage renal
Can I buy a policy from Covered California?
I have Medicare because I have end stage renal disease (ESRD) and I am no longer working. No one will sell me a Medigap and I need insurance to pay what Medicare doesn’t pay.
You cannot buy additional coverage through Covered California if you have premium-free Part A. Policies sold through Covered California are intended to be primary coverage. Medicare is your primary coverage, and it is illegal for anyone to sell you coverage that duplicates your Medicare benefits.
NOTE: This information also applies to people younger than 65 whose benefits begin the first month they receive disability benefits because they have Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), better known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, and to people younger than 65 who have Medicare because of a disability and are receiving Social Security Disability Insurance.
Obamacare PROHIBITS discrimination or different rates based on health! ‘‘§2701 Page 37 HR 3590 FAIR HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUMS.
Related Pages in End Stage Renal Section
- Can you get a Medicare Advantage Plan if you have end stage renal – kidney disease?
- Can you get Medicare if you have ESRD End Stage Renal Disease – Kidney Failure
- End Stage Renal can I buy an under 65 policy – ObamaCare, Covered CA, Health Care.gov – direct from Insurance Company?
- End State Renal – Can I get a policy from Covered CA or Health Care.Gov?
- Lipitor & Crestor causing renal kidney failure?