Medicare Part D Prescriptions – is practically mandatory. If you don’t have coverage when you are supposed to your premium is increased when you eventually do. Many Part D plans cover the gap or donut hole, (Brand Name 50% Discount) just be sure to read the illustrations, brochures and drug formularies, on or through our website. Medicare Advantage plans generally include prescription drug coverage, including both brand-name and generic at participating pharmacies in your area. Check out your guide to Medicare Rx Coverage #11109, Medicare & You #10050 or these companies webpages for more details, coverage and premiums. Blue Cross ♦ AARP – Part D Rx ♦ Blue Shield
The Annual Open Enrollment (AEP) is from October 15th to December 7 and then your coverage will begin January 1 (Medicare FAQ.) If you’ve just turned 65, you’re eligible now!, email us or review this website for details. If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, with or without Rx coverage and you sign up for Part D coverage, you WILL be dropped from the Medicare Advantage plan! cahealthadvocates.org You may sign up right through our site, for Part D Rx, a Medicare Advantage Plan or a Medi-Gap – Supplement Plan.
How does a Prescription Drug Plan work with a Medicare Advantage Plan? 4 pages Publication # 11135
medicare.gov Part D Index
Blue Cross Anthem
Be careful using the Government’s Calculator Double check the results on the specific insurance companies website.
Do not enroll on the Governments site, send us your results and we can enroll you.
InsureMeKevin.com on figuring all this out, even with mandatory agent training Rev 8.2015
Research & Technical Resources
- Q1 – competitorCMS – Credible Coverage Rx Plans Medicare Rx Drug Manual Chapter 14 – Co Ordination of BenefitsWikipedia.org/Cornel Law – Part D
Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003 416 Page pdf gpo.gov
2017 Announcements 250 pages
There are 5 Medicare Plan Finder lessons that provide a step by step overview on how to complete a plan search, compare plans, and enroll in one that best meets your needs. Lesson 1 (of 5) will cover the importance of having certain information at hand before you begin a plan search, and things to consider when using the Medicare Plan Finder
|Medicare Made Clear.com video|
Part D—Voluntary Prescription Drug Benefit Program
Subpart 1—Part D Eligible Individuals and Prescription Drug Benefits
Subpart 2—Prescription Drug Plans; PDP Sponsors; Financing
Subpart 3—Application to Medicare Advantage Program and Treatment of Employer-Sponsored Programs and Other Prescription Drug Plans
The MMA legislation provides seniors and people with disabilities with the first comprehensive prescription drug benefit ever offered under the Medicare program, the most significant improvement to senior health care in nearly 40 years.
This overview page provides links to important information on the new benefit.
Click the selection that best matches your area of interest. Please check back, as we will continue to update these resources regularly.
- 2016 Congressional District Report [ZIP, 176KB]
- 2017 MA Landscape Source Files (v 10 18 16) [ZIP, 2MB]
- 2017 PDP Landscape Source Files (v 10 18 16) [ZIP, 90KB]
- 2017 SNP Landscape Source Files (v 10 18 16) [ZIP, 772KB]
- 2017 MMP Landscape Source Files (v 10 18 16) [ZIP, 309KB]
- 2017 Plan and Premium Information for Medicare Plans Offering Part D Coverage (v4 10 18 16) [ZIP, 2MB]
- 2016 MA Landscape Source Files (v 04 22 16) [ZIP, 1MB]
- 2016 PDP Landscape Source Files (v 04 22 16) [ZIP, 436KB]
- 2016 SNP Landscape Source Files (v 04 22 16) [ZIP, 735KB]
- 2016 MMP Landscape Source Files (v 04 22 16) [ZIP, 286KB]
- 2016 Plan and Premium Information for Medicare Plans Offering Part D Coverage (v4 22 16) [ZIP, 2MB]
- 2015 Landscape and Plan and Premium Files For Medicare Plans Offering Part D Coverage [ZIP, 5MB]
- 2015 Medicare Part D National Stand-alone Prescription Drug Plans [ZIP, 56KB]
- 2014 Landscape and Plan and Premium Files For Medicare Plans Offering Part D Coverage [ZIP, 5MB]
- 2014 Medicare Part D National Stand-alone Prescription Drug Plans [ZIP, 19KB]
- 2013 Landscape and Plan and Premium Files For Medicare Plans Offering Part D Coverage(v 09 06 14) [ZIP, 5MB]
- 2013 Landscape Presentations [ZIP, 2MB]
- 2011-2012 Medicare Advantage Premium Change Information (09.16.11) [ZIP, 1MB]
- 2007-2012 PDP, MA, and SNP Landscape Files [ZIP, 21MB]
- 2006-2012 Plan and Premium Information for Medicare Plans Offering Part D [ZIP, 22MB]
CMS provides instructions for enrolling Medicare beneficiaries in Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs) in the Agency’s PDP Guidance for Eligibility, Enrollment and Disenrollment.
- AARP – Part D Rx
- Blue Cross Rx
- Blue Shield Rx
- Donut Hole – Coverage Gap
- Late Enrollment Penalty – Calculations
- Premiums for those with High Income
- Rx Finder – Unreliable?
- Waiting Period – Pre X for Prescriptions – Part D?