Social Security’s retirement benefits last as long as you live and increase with the cost of living. These benefits, including Medicare, provide a foundation on which to build a financially secure retirement. Savings and pensions are the other two legs of the stool for your retirement plan.
A secure, comfortable retirement is every worker’s dream, especially now that we’re living longer, healthier lives, we can expect to spend more time in retirement than our parents and grandparents did. Achieving the dream of a secure, comfortable retirement is much easier when you plan your finances.
Social Security’s Planning Tools
- Retirement Benefits Publication 10137
- What is your retirement age?,
- Use the benefit calculators to test out different retirement ages or future earnings amounts,
- More about Social Security programs,
- What happens if you work after you retire?, and
- How do certain types of earnings and pensions can affect your benefits?
- Retirement options,
- How members of your family may qualify for benefits,
- How to apply for benefits and what supporting documents you’ll need to furnish, and
- Apply for retirement benefits.
Nolo Press Social Security, Medicare & Government Pensions – Get the most out of your retirement and Medical Benefits.
Child Pages on THIS website
- Incarceration – Jail – Prison
- Retirement Benefits – Taxable? Still Working?
- Social Security Disability – SSDI
- SSI – Supplemental Security Benefits
- Survivor – Death Benefits
Cost of Living Increase socialsecurity.gov/
Spousal Benefits socialsecurity.gov/
Broker & Advocate Use Only
Social Security’s Advocates Home Page